We are finished with vocabulary for the school year :)
Each Friday the students will be given ten sentences with blanks for vocabulary words. Students need to know what each of the words mean. We practice the words every day in class during guided reading time. Students should review the words each night to ensure they know them for Friday. Below are some suggestions on how to study the words. The students are not required to do these things and do not need to turn anything in.
1. Use each of your words in a story and underline them.
2. Draw a picture and hide each vocabulary word in the picture.
3. Keep a list of sentences you find in books or other places using your words.
4. Create your own vocabulary test with matching the word to its definition.
5. Create sentences using your vocabulary words
6. Have someone tell you a word and you give the definition or vice versa.